Wednesday, April 4

I had a good workout today and want to record it. Plus my closet personal trainer wants to come out. I'd really like to be one someday like my older sister! :) I love working hard and sweating. You can't beat endorphins! So if you want a good workout, give this a try. Adjust it to fit you - faster or slower speeds, more or less weights.

TREADMILL:

2 min. incline 2.0, speed 6.0
6 min. incline 2.0, speed 6.4
Lower incline to 0.0
Continue at these speeds for 2 min. incriments:
6.6, 6.8, 7.0, 7.2, 7.4, 8.0
cool down - 2 min. at 4.0

WEIGHTS:
Here is a link to see what the exercises are:
http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html

Repeat this (3) times:

(20 reps) kettlebell swing w/ 20lb. dumbell (raise dumbell over head in swinging motion as you stand from
squat)

(20 reps) wall balls w/ 8lb. ball (throw medicine ball up, squat after catching, throw back up as you stand)

(20 reps) dumbell split lifts w/ 8lb. dumbells each hand (raise dumbells over head as you jump to a lunge, alternate legs)

(20 reps) Incline sit-ups

ON A MATT:

(30) push ups (3 sets of 10)
(150) crunches (25 reps of 6 varieties)

DON'T FORGET TO STRETCH!!! :)

9 comments:

Becky said...

You go girl! that sounds awesome! i miss kim as my PT...she rocked!

Shauna said...

Dang you are so good! Will you come be my personal trainer? I have never been able to get into working out and I need to!

Ali said...

Hi Sara,

I totally remember you. Sounds like you are still athlete of the year! that's awesome. I need to get back in shape after having a baby. Your boys are darling. Glad to see that all is well with you!

Jenny said...

Ah man..This sounds so powerful and invigorating! I will wait til after The Babe. (I hope I don't always have excuses)

Becky said...

oh man alive! my class at the gym this morning KICKED my butt! it was awesome! :)

leah said...

hi I dont know you but I got here from Abby's site. I wanted to see the link about autism --- anyways I am really excited and I think I will try this routine. Thanks.

sara said...

This is funny, but I'm responding to the comments!
- I know, kim rocks.
- heck yes I will be your PT Shauna! :)
- Hi Ali! I hope I don't come across like I'm this major athlete - it's not so. Maybe if I looked the part though I'd claim it! :)
- invigorating, yes!
- GO BECKY!
- Hi Leah! I hope you found the autism link alright. John writes the FUNNIEST blogs ever. They always make me laugh! You'll have to let me know how you liked the workout if you try it!

Tia said...

Sara, this might have been the same day I saw you at the gym, anways I got a new workout from my PT and it sucked so bad, I have been sore for 3 days, I have to force myself to go back today! Anyways gotta love it!

Kim said...

SARA! I love your enthusiasm. It's addicting.

Sore muscles make me feel sexxay. Yeah baby, yeah!