Wednesday, May 6

This past weekend I went to visit this chic-a-dee. Long story short, I pretty much invited myself to stay with her! I'm awesome like that. We have developed a friendship through blogging. We went to college together, have mutual friends -but haven't gotten to really know each other until the last few years -via the world wide web. I love living in a time where such things are possible! I love blogging/email/facebook for this reason. It's so easy to CONNECT. We are lucky.
Photobucket
The weekend was lovely and relaxed and I am so grateful for the hospitality shown to me... I really enjoyed hanging with this little 'growing' family. I love learning from others examples. And, I already have Wyatt betrothed to this bundle of joy. Not even kidding. She melted my heart.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

And it was so nice to know things were just fine w/out me at home thanks to Nana and to Jess. I know I am very lucky.

* * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

So now I am trying to play catch-up with life. Here are some thoughts.
Photobucket


-I met the sweetest sisters on the flight back home. (We sat by each other). They must have been in their late 70's at least. I am grateful that I am becoming better at making conversation -life is so much more interesting that way.

-I am really in love w/ Jess. We go through rough patches on occasion (Well, I suppose I do, I don't think he has ever had a rough patch! Ha! Is this true for you too? Is it a Mars/Venus thing??) but overall I think we have it pretty good, although it takes a conscience effort sometimes. :) I am grateful for this life and for the opportunity to work on ourselves... our being, and our relationships.

-I spent 3+ hrs. OUTSIDE this afternoon turning the earth over in my humble garden and working in the yard -trimming the grass, pulling weeds etc. The boys and I all got in our bathing suits, lathered ourselves in spf, and enjoyed the warm sunshine on our skin while we worked. The winds were calm. It was a celebration. I had LOADS of laundry to attend to, and floors to mop - but I wanted to be outside. I love working in the yard. We took a late lunch break and ate on the front porch swing. (The manuer stench is dying down...Jess covered our yard yesterday...I didn't think I was going to be able to handle it) As I sat there w/ Wyatt I got so excited for summer. This is hands down, I decided, my favorite time of year. Life is in the air. All is well.

-One of my closest friends from high school just moved into town! I can't wait to share this little city with her and her family - the city I have come to love, adore, and be protective of (if that makes any sense) over the last 10 yrs. It's hard to believe I have been here that long. It's just all around exciting.

-Sometimes it's really hard to juggle motherhood and a small business. But I am grateful I get to attempt to juggle.

-Lately I have looked at my boys and thought, "Dang, these are MY boys." or "He was actually in my tummy at one time!?" It is almost surreal. Life is amazing.

Goals This Week:
-
Boys room, our room.
-Laundry
-Redo my calendar for May-stat!
-Get organized -mostly my head!

10 comments:

Jana said...

Oh that's a sweet little girl! I always love reading you blog. You have great insight that makes me smile & feel understood. You're just awesome! I've had rough patches but I think Glen never gets it either! Flagstaff always will hold a special place in my heart too! And what's funny about you visiting with those ladies coming home was I was just talking to Nana & Marilyn on our way home from Kate's laughing about how they visit with EVERYBODY! I'm shy by nature & feel others don't care. They make friends with door knobs! (Nana's words not mine) By the way I loved LOVED the Mexico pictures! Take care!

Jana said...

Oh, & Happy belated BIRTHDAY!!!

Rachel Clare said...

Sara, I LOVED having you here. Let's not make it too long before we see each other again, okay? :)
(And, I'm SO cool with Rowan marrying Wyatt!)

Marilyn said...

Sara....I highly recomment Scotts Turf builder for next year...put it on with the whirly spreader..water it in and viola' green grass with no stink!!!! It works wonders! I thought, at first, Jess was going to just use it on the patches where he was putting in new seed....I was a little surprised to see him putting it all over....hope it works out well....we use it in our flower beds and veggie garden, but not on our grass....It should be healthy...but watch for burning. He's so funny. He is not afraid of physical work...that is for sure. Bodie was right in there with him. The other two were asleep. Bodie acts like he is going to a party when you tell we have work to do....he springs right up and is ready to go!! LOVE IT!!!

mom said...

Welcome back! (home, blog, etc). Love catching up on what you've been up to. We don't talk enough on the phone. Look forward to seeing the fruits of your labor with the lawn. We are loving the weather in Prescott and I so understand your enjoyment of this time of year. Love you, girl

Erin said...

My husband has a happy marriage. I, however, always have a list of about 10 things we could work on. I think it's just part of being a woman.... or at least that's what I tell myself so I don't have to admit that I have a problem.

Meshan said...

Hi! I was on Rachel's blog and saw that you had gone to visit her and was just curious as to who you were. You have a cute family. By the way- boys are WAY easier than girls in my opinion! :-}

The Dean Family said...

how fun you really connected with someone via blogging! that little girl is so cute!! nice entry!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous that you got to go see Rachel! I miss that girl!!

Jen-ben said...

Jealous.....