Friday, May 15

LOVE this time of year!!!
Photobucket

We're all about hangin' out in our underoo's and being shirtless.
Photobucket

And just plain being O U T S I D E!
Photobucket

The boys were playing hide-n-go-seek...
Photobucket

The Poppies in my backyard came out today!!!! :)
Photobucket

And the lilacs!
Photobucket

Today was pretty fabulous. My good friend from high school, Becky, now LIVES HERE! :) We went to the gym together this morning and had an awesome workout...I love having her in town! Not to mention she just brought me 1/2 her closet. How much do I love hand-me-downs? -As far as I can stretch my arms, and then some.

Then I found my bomb-diggidy hair stylista match! It has been a search since I lost Kellie. Feels gooooo0d!! Even though I still will only be able to afford to get my hair done 4x a year! :)

Marilyn came up so Jess could 'detail' her car and make it like new again. We left him with that task (along w/ watching the boys) and went downtown for lunch at Mountain Oasis, had a relaxed lunch and then went to Warner's Nursery to shop for my garden. Oh, we could spend H O U R S there....so lovely. On our way back home, we stopped into the new "New Frontiers" so Marilyn could see it -Every inch of that store is pretty much eye candy. It's beautiful...somehow you feel healthy just walking the isles. (I know, wha?) AND the Pita Jungle is next door and is O P E N!!! whohooooooooo infinity! Love that place.
So, I'm pretty much on cloud nine.... can't wait to get to planting!!

13 comments:

mom said...

Your poppy photo could compete with the orange county nature photo contest. (Sam Crily told me about it.)
Marilyn smelling the lilacs brought memories of my childhood walking past bushes on the way to the swimming pool. Love the smell.
Bomb-diggity - love that word combo.

Heidi said...

oh, one thing I wish Flag had (as if I still live there) was a trader joes. New frontiers was so pricy compared to Trader Joes. Oh well, I guess I'd give up Trader Joes to live in Flag!

Heidi said...

oh, and little boys with out shirts is the best! Nate used to think it was naughty not to wear a shirt when he was growing up. In fact, if he would see one of his dad's scouts out mowing the lawn with out his shirt on he would feel a little disappointed! I think his mom taught him that. With that in mind...I think little boys should wear no shirts for as long as possible! (not just because it might bother my MIL!!! I think it is cute!)

melinda said...

Sounds like a great day!! I also love this time of year!! I know what you mean about hand-me downs too!! Your flowers are georgous! My sisters told me about the New Frontiers. I haven't been to Flagstaff forever and am missing out on it. I even loved the old one so I am sure the new one is ROCKIN'!!

Rachel Clare said...

I adore this photo of your MIL smelling the lilacs- needs to be in a frame. :)

Glad you're doing so well!!

(And I know what it's like loving hand-me-downs- I love that shirt you gave me! So cute, so breezy, so comfy. Thank you!!)

Marilyn said...

You missed that guy working in your driveway with his shirt off! I love my car....it smells so good and looks fabulous....I just wish the bugs would clear the freeway as I head down it...It was a fun day!! Today papa roter-tilled a garden in our ward for a young family with 4 kids under the age of 6....they have such a cute house. .....my garden is learning about heat! With only one deep watering the darn weeds have awakened....sharpen the hoe! Thanks for all the fun!

Tia said...

okay your mother in law is so cute, can she adopt me? Also spill the beans who did you find for your hairdresser - But I have to go more than 4 times a year!

Jade said...

Your flowers are beautiful. Your MIL is cute. And how fun that Becky is there!! (and came with Hand-me-downs) !! Life is good, huh? Too fun!!

Brittney Smith said...

It's so pretty and green there. Sometimes I tell Cody I need to live somewhere greener. I'm glad Becky is up there with you, it will be nice for her to have you show her around!

Jenny said...

Ditto about the cute MIL smelling the Lilacs..precious picture! SUMMERTIME boys. I love it! I miss my boys being little little.

Barbara said...

How wonderful! Oh how I miss the Flagstaff weather! Thats the life... Your flowers look beautiful. Can't wait until I can grow my own garden.

Paul and Darla said...

You are so good with planting. I planted a bunch of stuff in my backyard again for the hundredth time and it is all dead again. I wish I had a green thumb.

Marilyn said...

Your garden looked great yesterday. It will be so much fun to see what comes up and grows...the simple pleasures in life are the best. With all the rain you guys have received it will just pop up as soon as the sun gets to shining! Tell Tia she has already been adopted...I read her blog and love to see what is going on. Steve has always loved the Palmer kids...and I think her kids are so much fun.