
(Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles)
I love this Apostle. I am making a 'quote wall' above my desk and in searching for a conference talk I loved a few years ago by Elder Wirthlin, I found this address...I really need to start searching MORE...I constantly need reminding of who/how I want to be... I eventually found the talk I was looking for, after reading through several wonderful addresses...it was "The Virtue of Kindness" by Elder Wirthlin in 2005. The quote I was looking for is this: "Nothing exposes our true selves more than how we treat one another in the home." When I heard these words, it cut me to my core...I was determined to be a better wife and mother. I knew I needed to put those words up where I would see them every day to remind me...So here I am THREE & 1/2 years later, finally getting it done! :)
Over the next few days, (while I am away) I've scheduled the above mentioned address that I found while searching to be posted here, so I can easily come back and read it. I hope you enjoy it too! (It was WAAAAAAY too long as one post!)



4 comments:
Thank you for sharing this article. Today is our Fall Break. I was just lying in bed pondering on a young man in one of my classes (I teach High School. My classes are full of kids with learning disabilities or behavioral/emotional disorders). Something has changed in his life. You can see it in his eyes. He is very out of control and I'm not sure how to handle it. This article gave me good food for thought. Thanks again for sharing it!
I found your blog searching for Ragnar experiences. My family just signed up...
Our family needed that quote today, great find. I might link you up on my blog post this a.m.
Jane in Mesa...
that is a great quote! have so much fun in SD..i'm jealous! we didn't make it home this past summer...but when we do..we always drive down to SD to see both sets of my grandparents..and usually go to mt. rushmore! great job on the boys room..so darling (of course in a boyish way:))....and so organized! i bet they love it!!
I love this talk. I used it when we had to speak for standards night. There are soooo many Zingers that get you thinking about the very root of yourself. Amazing. In fact, his talk this conference did the same thing for me.
Post a Comment