Tuesday, September 2


This was harder for me to do than I thought it'd be...

3 Joys

1. Food. Yes. I get excited over it.
2. My boys. (all 4 of them) Seriously. At times I am beyond elated. But seriously. How can the source of my joy be the source of it's opposite? Something to ponder.
3. The gospel of Jesus Christ.

3 Fears
1. Missing opportunities.
2. Sugar. I eat too much...I'm like Mike Myers as the 'hyper hypo kid' eating the chocolate candy bar... how sad.
3. hmmm.

3 goals
1. Not to raise my voice (a nice way of saying yelling) at my kids. So hard to admit. But it's a worthy goal!
2. To be more aware of others & their needs - what I can do for them instead of being so self-absorbed.
3. Always have a clean kitchen sink... My friend was telling me about this concept... It all starts with a clean kitchen sink! Interesting. Working so far though!

3 obsessions
1. Nie Nie's recovery. Besides a few emails back and forth, she is a complete stranger... but I can't stop thinking about her. I've cried and cried -especially when my sister let me know how serious their conditions were... I suppose because we just got through Jess's burn experience and I knew how much pain he was in, w/ just his legs burned, let alone 80% of his body. And then I thought of the medical bills they are going to be faced with. How they are piling up - and then what about their mortgage and living expences? I was grateful to be given the opportunity to contribute in a small way. I've been touched by their families sweet testimonies and strength and cried too at the support they are getting from strangers and friends alike. We were overwhelmed with the love and concern we felt after Jess's accident - It is a blessing to be a recipient of that. So - ya, it's been an obsession checking the updates. She really has touched so many peoples lives. I miss her (through her blog). Crazy huh?
2. Playing/singing Brandi Carlile music. Thanks for introducing me Kim!
3. Rings - mostly costume jewlery...fun finds.

3 Random facts
1. I am in love w/ Burt's Bees lip shimmer
2. I love a stocked pantry and a closet full of quilts/blankets. mmm.
3. Our back deck is o f f i c i a l l y done.... P A R T Y!

2 comments:

Jen-ben said...

This is such a cool post Sara!! I love it. I have also been very obsessed with Nie's recovery. Jane's entries always make me want to cry, especially that last one. It's just so sad....you have such a big heart.

Superstition Ranch Community said...

Great one Sara. I am e-mailing you now!