Monday, September 22

I took the boys to visit my parents for a couple days...



First things first, get the bikes out and R I D E!
Bodie and Brock had fun going down the steep driveway -Wyatt was wishing he had a bike :( Need to get that kid one. The first time Brock went down the drive I swear he was gonna hit my parents car (out of control) -I was yelling "Brake! Brake!" -He missed the car and barely stopped in time before the deck -This near miss of course made him laugh. I had gone inside and Brock went for another round -This time he must of not hit the brakes cuz he got out of control, flew over his handle bars and into some shrubbery...Mom said he wasn't too happy about that! Bodie loved jumping the little lip of the deck.

My parents took us to eat at the restaurant there -very nice- Every Thursday they have a different theme for the dinner - This night it was food from Spain. Lots of yummy stuff (that I can't remember the names of.) Afterwards, we walked over to the little playground to let the boys get some energy out. (Actually we met Doug and the Boys there -he took them so we could finish up eating)

Loving the bubble bath before bed. The boys were so looking forward to this. Brock's a little crazy, don't ask what he's doing! :)

Next day we rode down to the pool for some swimming. Bodie was l o v i n' the hills. Brock, not so much. (down, good...up, bad)


We had the place to ourselves! Can't beat an 18" deep pool!

After swimming, we went next door to 'coops' and had a chocolate milkshake. mmm.

Seriously, they live at a resort!...it feels like it anyway. Coops is the cutest little store/postoffice/coffeehouse.


We wore these boys out! Wyatt's little head was bobbin' in his stroller as we were pulling up to the house...needless to say he took a 4 hr. nap. Brock BEGGED to go to town w/ us...this is what he looked like 30 sec. after we left the driveway. And this is how we found Bodie when we got back. :)

Then, we made these babies.... LOTS of work for no occasion, and a late nite...but it was still fun. Sooooo not as cute as the Bakerella's!!!


Next day...
Getting loaded up! My little sardines... The drive home was pretty uneventful. Wyatt still likes to "sing" his guts out, but he's getting better! (I will cut him some slack, he IS sandwiched in-between 2 older brothers.)

Fun to go, fun to be home!

10 comments:

Shauna said...

K where do your parents live? Cause I want to live there. Or at least have my parents move there. That's the perfect grandparent spot wherever it is.

sara said...

We loved your visit.
How did you scribble out Brock's privates???? I couldn't stop laughing. Also, I thought the photo of those frosted cakes on a stick looked awesome - way better than the real deal. Love ya, mom

Tia said...

those pops look just like bakerellas to me!

Cassie Simonton said...

So fun Sara!!! I want to go visit your mom her place looks like loads of fun! You are a brave woman taking a road trip with 3 boys by yourself!!! Cute pics!

Anonymous said...

Fun weekend getaway! Such a fun place to visit. Your mom and Doug are still so cute. Glad you and the boys had a fun time. The cake pops turned out so cute! Your boys make me laugh. Never a dull moment with them!

Miss Niss said...

what a fun time!!! love the pictures...so cute

melinda said...

That looks like a FUN trip! SO much to do! I really want to go to that milkshake place! Yum!

Marnie said...

So, Sara, where exactly do your Mom and Doug live? Looks like a blast! I've been wanting to try those Bakerella things too. They turned out cute!

Courtney said...

You parents house is great. I bet they just love it. Sounds and looks like you guys had such a fun time. I am also anxious for fall. Best time of year. Even though we don't see trees changing down here.

[dene'] said...

That looks like so much fun...I want to come next time [smile]. It was fun to see pictures of their home since I have yet to see it! Ah,,,and the swimming. GREAT PICTURES.