Saturday, July 12

Monkey Business...(going bananas!)... & I need an Intervention.



Life is CRAZY. but life is good. I'm ignoring that my boys are playing out in the rain right now. Let them get soaking wet I say. Maybe then they'll be ready to settle down. Mr. Wyatt is probably watching from his bedroom window, with the recently broken (it's a mystery) shades behind him. That kid is full throttle every day. Brock has had his mouth washed out w/ soap twice this week...for calling me 'stupid momma'. Oh my gosh - I have my hands full with him. Part of me is amused at his defiance but the other part of me is like - I have to nip this in the butt pronto. He was really mad at me when the soap went in. Parenting is SOOOOOOOO FUN!
Bodie had another soccer game today. Towards the end it got rained out -It really came down and, well - we got drenched! I didn't care though, because someone else grabbed the banner - thank goodness! I'm tired of lugging that thing & three boys around on my own! It's a circus show in and of itself! :)
Thank goodness I got the lawn mowed this morning! I love having a pretty lawn - It's been a first since we've been married & it feels good.
Jess left early Wed. morning to Cali on a Wildland assignment. I'm starting to miss the kid. - but luckily I don't have much down time.
Last night Bodie begged to ride his bike out in the street. - I was talking to a neighbor so I told him yes. -He and Brock had the best time riding w/ the older neighborhood kids. - There are about 8 others now. They got their jumps out and Bodie was in heaven. :) It's fun seeing that kid so excited. He loves riding his bike. I took him to Foxglen park the other day so he and Brock could ride their bikes. There is a huge sidewalk that goes around the park/soccer fields. We'll have to do that again.
I got my hair cut at (not so) Fantastic Sams. All I can tell myself is 'duh'! Most people prob. wouldn't notice - but it's not a great cut. The color is alright. So - I'm in need of a stylist. Oh how I miss Kellie! That girl was fast. It just kills me to spend so much on my hair. Speaking of hair. I am just about ready to electrolysis my whole darn body. I loathe shaving. I can only use really nice razors because my hair is so thick and I go through blades like crazy. It'd be worth it, ya? Anyway. That was a tangent.
I've been playing guitar more and I love it. I've really been in the 'country' mood lately. It's fun. I have yet to look into playing at an open mic somewhere...That already gets my nerves going just thinking about it. Seriously. What's the big deal?
And I need an intervention because I'm in a funk right now w/ exercising & I'm eating like a mad cow out to pasture. H E L P!


Goals this coming Week:
-Get through church.
-Get a few articles of clothing to the cleaners.
-Make dentist appt.s
-Take boys to park
-Get a new bra. Or boobs. I dunno.
-Get flowers planted, lattice up, borders for flower beds in place.
-Get area for the back deck prepped and ready to go so Jess can get started on it when he gets back. Everyone shout: H A L L E L U J A!

Looking forward to:
-going to Cottonwood toward the end of the week to pass the time!

12 comments:

The Watkins said...

Ryan went out on the same fire with Jess. We will have to get together. I was thinking the other day about how many nights a year that Ryan is gone between work and hunting and I figured it is about 180 days a year. I am sure Jess is around the same. That's a lot!!! I just went to a new girl this week to get my hair cut. She charges $35 for a cut and $85 for cut and color. She said that if I bring my girls with me when she cuts my hair she would cut their hair for free. She did a great job on the cut and I really liked her personality. It you want her info let me know. Hopefully we can both try to stay sane with the boys gone and if you are like me I just think about how nice it will be to get the paycheck when he gets home.

Jen said...

A new bra or new boobs??? You are hilarious!! Good luck with either decision!

My kids have been playing in the rain all week as well. Tucson has been beautiful, I am LOVING it.

Good luck in Church today. I will be going it alone as well...

Jen-ben said...

you never cease to amaze me in your productivity. Take a nap will you? I say get a bra. You'll get boobs again when you get prego one of these days... you crack me up!

Jen-ben said...

p.s. in another year church will be SO much easier! I'm finally at a point where I'm not scared to go. :)

Marnie said...

Sara, you are the cutest! Love the pictures with you and your boys. Hang in there during the church fiascos. It's not easy! I hope Jess gets home quickly for you.

Jana said...

I love your blog. You're such a writer!!! I loathe shaving also... when you figure out something better, let me know! My boobs are definately going to rehab after I'm done with kids! Have a good week!

The Dean Family said...

YOU MAKE ME LAUGH SO HARD!!! first of all your hair always looks darling..i always get my hair cut at super cuts..'cause i can't be bothered spending a load at a stylist...and broc makes ME LAUGH EVEN HARDER...i have to tell that one to josh...i had a dream about you guys yesterday when we were all taking a nap..i drept (sp? i so know that's not how you spell it but oh well)...that we came to visit you guys and it was so much fun..i was telling josh about my dream last night and he said "we gotta go visit them"..maybe here in the next few yrs. when we can save up some cash we'll come out there!

Becky said...

you are too cute! i love all the fun pictures with the boys! you are a good fun mom! i dont know how you do it...having jess gone all the time!PROPS to you girlie! :P

Nat said...

Cute pictures! I love that you document these days so well. In just a few years you will LOVE reading it and maybe even miss it? At least that's what I tell myself.

Jana said...

Heard about Jess and you're beautiful family is in our prayers. Keep us posted. We love you so much!

Jen-ben said...

Yes, Sara please update us on Jess- Stew just told us about him! Hope you guys are doing ok!!!! You're all in our prayers! xoxoxo

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

you are so funny I thought I was the only one that thought like that everytime it was time for a new bra...I hate that I can never find one that is PERFECT! too funny! I have the same arguement with myself everytime I go to get a new bra...I only buy one, and think I will be "adding on" soon , so I only need one new bra...hhahaha