This was our 4th year attending the 'bash'. It was so much fun - We have really great neighbors - Everyone on the street but 2 were there! Impressive. It is fun socializing and getting to know everyone better. We are for sure the youngest family on the block, but Bodie had fun playing with the older kids and did some mad bike riding and frisbee throwing. This pic was just as people were getting there. - There are a lot of established families that have been on the street for 50 yrs! - And one guy grew up on the street and now lives across from his old house. It feels really good to be living on our street and in the house Jess grew up in...being another 2nd generation to continue living here. It's somewhat romantic.
One of the neighbors made this cake - That's when I had to run back home and grab the camera! I've always wanted to make one of these for the 4th of July! There was even homemade ice cream! mmm. It was a really fun night.
So, another week ahead of me!
Goals this week:
-Make a hair appointment... at Fantastic Sams. I'm givin' it a go, and I am way overdue. The girl that has cut my hair the last 10 Y E A R S is up and moving and I am having a really hard time going to new salons and trying to justify spending sooo much on my hair...equivalent to a cart of groceries for heavens sakes. So we'll see how it goes!
-Paint the porch swing! Hang porch swing. Accessorise the porch swing. Sit in the porch swing!
-Paint my lawn chairs.
-Get the trailer cleaned out from camping.
-L A U N D R Y.
-Start running again!
-Use the massage gift certificate my sister got me from Christmas!
-Go through the boys clothes.
-Play guitar
Looking forward to:
Mountain biking...kinda scared though!



3 comments:
Sara I lived on Havasupai for 30 years. I always loved turning down that street...Mrs. Gueter's big weeping willow always gave the street a unique and peaceful look and it was just the way the neighborhood was. I am glad you guys get to experience the same enjoyment we had as a family. Your house is the house I brought Jess home from the hospital to....lots of memories...lots of fun...and you have continued to give the house the same welcoming feeling of peace that it has always had. Our kids never wanted to move away from that house and so we stayed. Hope you continue to enjoy it.
Fun! We have one of those here too. We never had them growing up? I spent lots of time on good 'ol Havasupai too! I got ready for my wedding in that house!
Sara, you have to tell me how Fantastic Sams goes. I am trying it out next. Good luck with your week. It sounds busy! Who are you going Mtn. biking with?
Post a Comment