Monday, April 7

Loved Conference this weekend. Loved Elder M. Russell Ballard's TALK!
(you can listen to it by clicking on TALK)I wanted to wrap my arms around him and tell him thank you, thank you, thank you!
Gosh. There were so many wonderful, inspiring talks - and this one was the icing on the cake.
What was your favorite?

13 comments:

The Dean Family said...

sara..so much to comment on: the grocery store one is an interesting one isn't it..we spend around $100 a week..and then we always go there for weekend snacks, bbq supplies, etc. it never ends..i wish we didn't have to eat..can you imagine how much money we could all save:)..i died laughing about your dog eating your money..that's a funny one..and you are so talented with music..:)

Nat said...

The story that Elder Uchdorf told about President Monson coming to visit in Germany really made an impact on me, but Sister Tanner's talk was my fav. To know that no matter what, "He will come," makes this life do-able.

LOVED the new song. It made me cry. The ability to love is a HUGE blessing, and to have a true love, who's kisses you can always steal, BEAUTIFUL!

Anonymous said...

LOVED Elder Ballard's talk! I also loved Elder Uchdorf's talk, Elder Bednar's talk and Pres. Monson's - oh they were all so good! Conference is so refreshing and uplifting! Love it. Your new song is fabulous.

Amber said...

his talk meant the world to me as well. Sometimes I feel so special to be a woman of the church. I am always motivated after a talk that makes me feel so loved and supported like that. I remember once a non-member friend had commented on how archaic the church was towards women- "They just want women to be barefoot and Pregnant" She once said- I thought it was sad that she thought being a wife and a mother was something that was negative and binding- I feel honored to have the guidelines we have and for the way the men of the church are taught to cherish us. I feel honored to have the duties I was placed on this earth to have.

sara said...

Nat - The story about Pres. Monson visiting that man was very touching. This conference really opened my eyes as to how much is asked and expected of the general authorities...how much they and their families sacrifice in our behalf. Was Sis. Tanner's talk about - 'delighting' - that was a good one. I also really liked Sis. Lant's talk about righteous traditions...There were several that I can't wait to read... Hols - when Elder Bednar gets up I always feel like I am going to learn some sound principles or doctrine...like I'm in an amazing institute class...it was a good reminder to me to have meaningful prayers and then do my part and to ACT & have faith... Pres. Monson...all I can say is I know he is the prophet. You could tell he has more weight on his shoulders, but yet I loved his sense of humor and personal stories.
Amber- I whole heartedly agree with you. I really feel blessed to have the gospel in my life and to be a women in such an amazing organization...well, and to be a woman period. As I grow older I am realizing the important roles that we have.

Abby Runyan said...

Ok, so I only heard the part about the men helping the women out more and giving them a day off sometimes. I kinda dosed off, I had just gotten back for the autism conference but I have them recorded and have been watching them. So on that note. Lets start planning our girls night sleep over thing. Maybe we can come up to flag or something or somewhere fun for the night. Can't wait to move back.

Jen-ben said...

We are so on the same page! It was a much much needed talk apparently! It was so fabulous...and your song is perfect like always. And you're so beautiful, and run like a mad woman, and you have 3 beeeautiful boys, and you're an amazing decorator, and you're an exercise queen, AND such a nice person! Stop it already! :)

Cathi said...

I too loved Elder Ballard's words. I have been racking my brain on how to get my non-member daughter-in-law to listen to it. I might have to wait until the May Ensign arrives and then leave it opened on the kitchen table.

sara said...

Cathi-

Thanks for the comment! I don't think it would be offensive if you told her there was an amazing talk you wanted her to listen to that is a tribute to young mothers. I think E V E R Y mother, LDS or not, would benefit from and mostly APPRECIATE Elder Ballards words...don't you think? It's just so nice to hear words of encouragement and to have someone recognize and to validate you and say that: YES motherhood is hard, and you are appreciated for all that you do and put into being a mother. One of my favorite things that he said is that: There is no ONE perfect way to be a good mother...that we all have different challenges, skills and abilities and different children! ...oh, and all the wonderful council he gave to us mothers!! Not to over-schedule ourselves or our chilren...and to take care of ourselves because "Water cannot be drawn from an empty well".
Good luck, I hope she is able to hear/read it!

Jennifer said...

I loved his talk too. In fact, conference was a rough one this time for me with the kids. I heard/ingested bits and pieces the whole weekend (Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith, missionary work,etc), but when he started talking I was just like, "Yes! Something for ME!" All of the things are so important, but it was just what I needed - especially after a weekend like that! Thanks for the link so I could listen to it again - which I did immediately!

Rachel Clare said...

How many of my girlfriends have this exact same post on their blog?? I agree- it was a fantastic talk. Really really needed, I think.

Jamelle Kelly said...

This was a good one, but the one that I needed the most was Elder Bednar's talk "Ask in Faith". I realized that it's not enough to ask for a blessing, but that I need to also pray for the faith to receive the blessing. Unfortunately, I think being a mother is the least of my worries these days.

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

wasn't that amazing! There wasn't a dry eye for any mother in the room. Although I am an army wife too, I feel like an outsider because my husband is home, and I watch these ladies in my ward still kicking and struggling to make it through the 15 month deployments. I was DONE after 12 months. I am so excited for all their husbands to come home next week, and half of them I haven't even ever met! :) LOve love love that talk!