Saturday, December 1

Crafts aren't my thing. Not sure why. Maybe I'm lazy. But I'm making an effort finally!
We purchased an artificial tree this year, and with it came a pre-lit wreath.
My old self would have thrown it away. (Like I said, crafts aren't my thing) It was pre-lit, yes, but ugly and barren, and I wouldn't use it as is. I decided to be adventuresome.

Here is what I found at the mad sale Michael's was having. Love the glittery stuff, although I was covered in .03689 seconds with it.
I really had no rhyme or reason, just started sticking things in. I probably should've fluffed the wreath out more before I started. No going back now, although part of me wants to!
Close up...I also found these reindeer.
They looked pretty cheesy in the store, but they seem happy on my table.
They give a nice overall effect anyway!I am improvising w/ the jug thing
The glass bowl I got to hold the pine cones and pears promptly broke when I got home. :(

14 comments:

Russ and Debbie said...

Looks good Sara

Jen-ben said...

Love it! Come and decorate my house now!

Becky said...

Super cute! Christmas arrangments are BY far my favorite! :) I love all the little tid bits you can add in. i tend to get carried away with it!

Glad to hear i am not the only one that broke down and got a fake tree! They make them SO nice now, it's hard NOT to!

sara said...

Yep - when I was putting it up (all the 10 minutes it took) I thought, Why haven't I done this earlier!? Don't think I'll ever go back!

melinda said...

Looks beautiful!:) Crafts are all about just poking things around with no rhyme or reason until it looks good:) At least that is how I do it too;)

Amber said...

Wow! I want you to make my wreath look pretty! It is so beautiful sara! I left mine plain on my door and now I think I will have to spruce it up a bit to keep up with you and stylish decor!

Brittney Smith said...

Love it! I think someday I will make a wreath. My mom used to make them, but she is quite crafty!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! You are very crafty! And I would NEVER describe you as being lazy!

Anonymous said...

It turned out so cute, little Miss Creative! I would never think to make my own wreath. That's the non-creativeness in me. I like the jar - very cute!

The Dean Family said...

BEAUTIFUL..sara so nice! great job!

Cassie Simonton said...

You really are in the spirit this year aren't you!! I try to be creative but I do a really horrible job at!!! Way to break out of your shell!

Nat said...

Love the decor. The little birdies in the wreath are so cute! How much do I love the convo you had with Bodie? Already planning where his friends will sit and including his bro!!! So cute.

Marnie said...

It looks great Sara! I just tried to make a fall wreath a couple of months back and let me tell you--its harder than it looks. I haven't decided yet if I'll use it next year. I try to be creative but probably shouldn't. Where did you get the wreath stand? I need one of those. Also, we got a fake tree last year and I love it. But this year we got a real wreath so I can still have the yummy smell and no mess. I love it!

harmon family said...

from the looks of your wreath, crafts are your thing! beautiful decor.