Sunday, October 21

This weekend was a good one.

1. My mom came up a day early for my party, to help with the boys AND around the house. It was very nice!!! The boys loved it, no doubt.2. I got my 'fall' display up. A favorite FOR SURE is my jack'o'lantern gourd that I made w/ my Mother-in-law (aka craft WOman) a few years back.
3. Jess returned home EARLY (although he is now back at work until Tuesday) I love him.

4. The party went well...It was one of those skin care/product parties, which I don't think I will ever do again...it makes me uncomfortable!! I DID play/sing though while everyone mingled and munched on the goodies. I felt like a nerd, 'ok, I'm gonna play a few songs now', but it didn't really matter - it was very relaxed and I didn't feel like the center of attention so that was good!
The centerpiece, I am loving and enjoying. (I wish I would've thought to take a picture of the spread!) Thanks Mom & Marilyn for all the prep help!! The food was DELISH!
And lastly,
5. I made it through church on my own w/ 3 boys. -It's getting more challenging as Wyatt is getting older! :P

6 comments:

[dene'] said...

Sara I was thinking about you and how your singing went. Mom said that you did a great job. Also good luck with the "church thing". It is so hard. I just get tense thinking about it.

The Dean Family said...

so nice your mom came for a visit..my mom is coming in a few weeks and i can't wait! your house looks amazing as always:)

Brittney Smith said...

I love all your fall decorations, and I'm sure it actually looks like fall up there. Amazing Jakes just opened up last year, and is on the NW corner of Gilbert and Baseline. It's pretty fun, It's all indoors, and they have goofy golf, a rock wall, bumper cars, laser tag, fair rides, games and food. The kids had a great time!

Jen-ben said...

Ah...I love Mom's! I wish mine was closer. Lucky.

Russ and Debbie said...

Sounds like it was fun, Sorry I missed it, you'll just have to do it again:)

Rachel Clare said...

Good for you for performing as people mingled. I so admire that, and am starting to really feel the need to "put myself out there" with this photography gig to see what will happen! Go Sara! That's inspiring.